Zombie Fans Unite!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do people look at you strange?

5 posters

Go down

Do people look at you strange? Empty Do people look at you strange?

Post  RoseRed Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:03 pm

I ask this question because as a girl who loves zombies people tend to think I'm a weirdo. They ask me, why zombies? Why not vampires? I like vampires and gothic things, but zombies are scarier to me. Something about them being dead and rotting, and wanting to eat you. Vampires are more like a hit and run experience. They sneak in and bite you, then sneak back out before the sun comes up. Zombies don't care about sunlight and are active all the time! Vampires not only have to worry about the sun, but crosses and garlic, and things like that. Zombies are only stopped by damaging the brain. I guess this is also why they're a little more scary to me. They are harder to deal with.

RoseRed

Back to top Go down

Do people look at you strange? Empty Re: Do people look at you strange?

Post  H.B.I.C. Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:22 am

Girl, I feel your pain, LOL!

Thank goodness there's more ladies getting involved in the horror genre, and specifically involving zombies! I've been exploring the YA territory lately and discovered a great series by Carrie Ryan. The first book is entitled The Forest of Hands and Teeth, the second is The Dead Tossed Waves, and the third is The Dark and Hollow Places. Even though they are YA, they didn't come across as "zombie lite". Perhaps a little more romance than horror, but not overly sickly sweet like the stereotype might suggest.
H.B.I.C.
H.B.I.C.
Admin

https://zombiefans.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Do people look at you strange? Empty Strange?

Post  GJ Zukow Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:38 am

Honestly, don't worry about people looking at you strange, it's mostly a put-on. Everybody's strange in their own way. Besides Zeds are much worse than mere Vampires. A zed will uncaringly run through a gauntlet of chainsaws just to get a small chance at your warm, delectable flesh!
GJ Zukow
GJ Zukow

Back to top Go down

Post  H.B.I.C. Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:13 am

You may be onto something there. Zombies never show fear. Wait, I take that back, the zombies in Night of the Living Dead were afraid of fire. I love him, but I wish Romero would have some consistency with his zombies. In Dawn of the Dead, they would walk right into it. Although if you watch closely you can see the actors cringing or doing very unzombielike things in a few scenes, LOL!
H.B.I.C.
H.B.I.C.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GJ Zukow Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:18 am

I know right...Romero started with the classic Night of the Living dead where the undead were more ghouls than zombies...they even could use simple tools. In fact In that first black and white classic I don't even think he knew that he was creating the modern Zombie genre. I remember reading that at the time he thought the undead were basically ghouls and not Zombies at all. The whole idea of Zombies were a later invention of his and he's been flip-flopping back and forth ever since.
GJ Zukow
GJ Zukow

Back to top Go down

Post  mshaw2268 Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:19 pm

The Forest of Hands and Teeth was awesome, although I haven't read the other books in the series yet.

Another favorite of mine is Married with Zombies by Jesse Petersen. She captured the perfect blend of horror and comedy. Again, I haven't read the other books in the series. Wow! I really need to get better with my series reading.

-Marty Shaw
Author of Dead Man Walking
mshaw2268
mshaw2268

http://itsjustmarty.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  H.B.I.C. Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:13 pm

All three of Carrie Ryan's books (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, The Dead Tossed Waves, and The Dark and Hollow Places) were FANTASTIC, especially so for being classified as YA, which usually takes the horror aspect down a few notches. I highly recommend that series.
H.B.I.C.
H.B.I.C.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tldecay Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:56 pm

When people look at me strange it is mostly because of my eyebrows. They are bushy and wild. At times I scare small children.

tldecay

Back to top Go down

Post  H.B.I.C. Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:34 pm

LOL! I would definitely feel the urge to get you to a salon for waxing! Either that, or pulling out a pair of tweezers...
H.B.I.C.
H.B.I.C.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tldecay Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:02 pm

My wife threatens to trim them in my sleep.

tldecay

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum