Zombie Fans Unite!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are awakened...

+3
Jeff Mariotte
H.B.I.C.
felicm60
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

We are awakened... Empty We are awakened...

Post  felicm60 Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:04 am

Greetings fellow undead.

Introduce yourself to us. Tell us who you are feasting on and we shall create a safe dark haven, welcoming all who walk in the night.

felicm60

Back to top Go down

We are awakened... Empty Re: We are awakened...

Post  H.B.I.C. Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:05 pm

Here's me, in a bit of Gothic art I created:

We are awakened... 1ykaoy

I think I look pretty vampyric in this one.
H.B.I.C.
H.B.I.C.
Admin

https://zombiefans.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  felicm60 Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:11 pm

Such an elegant Vampire.

felicm60

Back to top Go down

Post  H.B.I.C. Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:49 pm

I get a lot of people asking me if I'm a Goth or a vampire (wannabe), but the truth is, This is just how I look. I have black hair and green eyes. I'm not really pale, in fact I look quite tan next to others. I am part Akwesasne, and have white heritage mingled. (English, French, and Dutch.) Thus, the green eyes. Otherwise I have a distinctly exotic appearance that I play up when I wear cosmetics. I have more almond shaped eyes, and full lips, so when I do my makeup I focus on that. I also like to wear a lot of black or grey. But that doesn't make me a Goth, it just plays well with my coloring.

Yes I do like Gothic things, but that's the horror fan in me. I don't role play. I don't dress up, unless it is for a specific function, like maybe Halloween or a convention? So I find it amusing when others see me as Goth or a vampire wannabe, just because of the way I naturally look, and the stuff I like to read or write about. That pic I posted is about as "Gothic" as you'll ever see me. I think it is my only artpiece that is intentionally Gothic. If I posted the original pic I used my image from, you'd be shocked. It is entirely something else altogether!
H.B.I.C.
H.B.I.C.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  felicm60 Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:42 pm

To see me you wouldn't think me a Goth either. I have brown hair and brown eyes. My complexion is quite pale though, and I do wonder if it's because at my age I should be more middle of the road mundane rather than anything else which is the reason why you wouldn't think of me that way. I do not wear Gothic clothing to work, I do not make-up myself as a Marilyn Manson groupie, nor do I show off any piercings, other than ears. I do frequent a club that caters for Heavy Metal, Goth, Alternative Music and people and I've never felt so comfortable in a club as I do there. It was my inspiration for the Underground Palace, the club in my novel. But this is a place where I do dress up. I have corsets and lace items, I am a very romantic Goth, very Victorian in the way that I like to dress when I do. I have to say that saying all that and admitting that I do not Goth up in the daytime, I do wear a lot of Black! I do wear jewellery that looks Victorian, but I don't think it draws too much attention to me. I'm not that way inclined. I love the whole Vampire history and have studied it extensively for the novel, it's very bizarre at times. I love Gothic architecture, it's very delicate and ornate and stands the test of time with its beauty and elegance. Ask me if I think Vampires exist or have ever? I'd have to come back to you on that. But I did see something very spooky in Prague one time. Shocked

felicm60

Back to top Go down

Post  H.B.I.C. Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:53 pm

I love victorian things and Gothic architecture as well, but that's the artist in me, and I LOVE antiques! I'm too old to be a Goth anyway. I grew up in the 70's, man. The only weirdos back then were the hippies, LOL!

I do have my home office and bedroom decorated quite Gothic, now that I think about it though. My husband says my bed is like sleeping in a coffin, because I have black mosquito netting hanging overhead, and one wall is painted black. The rest purple. My contrasting color, as in sheets, candles, lampshade, "whathaveyou" is blood red. I also have large iron standing candelabras in both rooms. So I suppose there is a little Gothic in me after all, but it wasn't intentional. I was going for spooky, LOL!

I like to collect old things, and scour flea markets, and auctions for stuff I probably no longer have any room for.
H.B.I.C.
H.B.I.C.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  H.B.I.C. Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:54 pm

Oooohhh! What did you see in Prague?
H.B.I.C.
H.B.I.C.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  felicm60 Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:29 pm

In Prague Castle there is a skeleton with fangs! It's real.. not a fake! It's in a small glass casket for you to see and is about the only thing there that doesn't have a light directly near it to light it up... and you'd miss it because you didn't even know it was there. My sister found it though and marched me straight over there. When I asked the officials who or what was it, they didn't want to talk about it, they kept changing the subject! But it was the weirdest looking thing. And not only that, it wouldn't photograph very well. I have a great camera that takes pics in very low light conditions, but it just wouldn't do it. First it wouldn't take the shot, but if I turned around and clicked the shutter it worked. Then when it would work, it took it out of focus! So I took out the batteries, inserted new ones and the whole thing started again. It just didn't want to be photographed even though I had taken low light pics of other things there... and you just got the feeling it didn't want you there. Evil or Very Mad

felicm60

Back to top Go down

Post  H.B.I.C. Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:37 pm

Ive seen skulls with fangs before. It's pretty interesting, although I'm pretty sure that they just replace the teeth with canine or other animal teeth. I'd still be all over it though, and probably would want to buy it to put in my office, LOL! I buy stuff from this website that specializes in very weird stuff like that, it is here: Madame Talbot's Victorian Lowbrow
H.B.I.C.
H.B.I.C.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  felicm60 Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:49 pm

I'm usually such a sceptic with these things though! But this got me spooked, well not really spooked, just wanting more information and no-one could supply it.

My boyfriend warns anyone who comes to the house not to sit still or 'she will paint you black' heh heh

I'd love to collect antiques, haven't got the room! Rolling Eyes

felicm60

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeff Mariotte Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:23 pm

You could have left it at:

H.B.I.C. wrote:
I think I look pretty in this one.

But also vampyric, indeed!

Jeff Mariotte

Back to top Go down

Post  H.B.I.C. Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:23 pm

Aw, thank you! Photoshop does wonders, LOL!
H.B.I.C.
H.B.I.C.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  A.Rosaria Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:50 pm

I'm just a scruffy old guy, nothing vampiric or goth about me. I don't like the modern portrayal of Vampires, the pretty pale boy that swoons over highschool girls. Or the craziness of a vampire with a soul that does goody toe shoes crap. Nah a vampire should be bad ass. No Edward Cullen for me, Vampires don't sparkle in the sun, they go whoosh.

I'm writing a vampire story in which I'll be ridiculing the modern portrayal of the sparkly borderline pedophilia vamps. Might be finished the end of this year, but probably next year.

It's worth repeating; I hate sparkling vampires with diamond skin, utter gayness in a wrong way.

A.Rosaria

Back to top Go down

Post  H.B.I.C. Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:42 pm

If that's how you feel, then you don't like Dracula either. He was a romantic ,and pined for his lost love through centuries until he met her again in the personification of Mina. As for sparkly vampires, look no further than Anne Rice. In her book Pandora she explains how Lestat awakens Akasha by playing his violin, and she is enraptured by his skill. Akasha was kept in a secret vault, protected from the world, and she stood as still as stone, sleeping. Her skin sparkled too, as the light refracted off the matrix within the stone of her own skin.

Vampires have been romancing young ladies for centuries, so to poke fun at Twilight shows little knowledge of vampire lore. I don't mean to offend, just do a little more research before you laugh. I think you'll find yourself quite enlightened. What do you know of vampires, other than your own preference?
H.B.I.C.
H.B.I.C.
Admin

Back to top Go down

We are awakened... Empty Vampires, the other dead meat.

Post  ZombyRoz Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:31 pm

I'm with A. Rosaria. I like the voracious predatory vampires that tear your throat out, not lick it. Dracula might have missed the part of his lost humanity that was his long-dead love, but he embraced his evil and his blood-thirstiness. And Anne Rice's vampires want to make me tear my hair out. All the angsting and wallowing; do anti-depressives work on vampires? These Young Adult novel vampires on Twilight are a disgrace to their species. They're not vampire movies; they're cheesy movies about getting a hunky boyfriend with superpowers. Where's that danged Blade when you need him? I swear my daughter acts like she's in a cult after watching that stuff. But, then, I guess people think I'm in a cult for being wonkers over zombies. Vampires = decaying flesh, smell like charnal houses, curved fangs to rip out throats, and glowing red eyes to paralyze prey; not dudes with a ton of mousse in their hair and eyeliner. Blasphemers!
ZombyRoz
ZombyRoz

Back to top Go down

Post  H.B.I.C. Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:57 pm

LOL!

The Twilight movies are terrible compared to the books, but then again, the film adaptations to some of Stephen King's books were lacking as well. Never ever judge a book by it's film version. Usually the book is soooo much better, which is why I've always prefered reading about zombies over seeing a zombie movie.

By the way, I have an original first edition copy of Dawn of the Dead by George Romero and Susannah Sparrow, based on his original concept. It is vastly different from the actual 1978 film.
H.B.I.C.
H.B.I.C.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tldecay Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:31 am

My 12 year old son just wrote and submitted a vampire based flash fiction piece. I am so proud I am about to burst! If he gets accepted I think I might.

tldecay

Back to top Go down

Post  felicm60 Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:01 am

Woo-hoo well done him... a future writer, I wish there was someway of getting a piece of it on here for us to read... bounce

felicm60

Back to top Go down

We are awakened... Empty Re: We Are Awakened.

Post  ZombyRoz Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:50 am

That's wonderful. Hopefully, he'll do better than me. I wrote a 700-page zombie novel and submitted it to a publisher. The result was underwhelming. As in, for the last year, they've been saying, "we haven't gotten around to it." Translation: It's a real turkey.
ZombyRoz
ZombyRoz

Back to top Go down

Post  felicm60 Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:11 pm

No don't think its a turkey! Evil or Very Mad Just think they are a bad publisher. Twisted Evil Send it around again... perhaps find an e-publisher instead of a traditional one (they don't take on newbies nowadays anyways so poop to them!).

My publisher is BooksToGoNow and they take short stories... they may be interested in a Zombie story, but please don't think its a turkey.. Wink

They're on Facebook too and they are very good. They worked a miracle on mine... bounce

felicm60

Back to top Go down

Post  H.B.I.C. Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:08 pm

700 pages?!! That's too much and might be the issue. The average word count publishers look for in a standard novel is 80,000 give or take.
H.B.I.C.
H.B.I.C.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  felicm60 Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:11 pm

You need to find a really good editor. Once you've done that you may find that it is considerably reduced, I just wanted you to know that just because they haven't contacted you that it's not necessarily a turkey..
(I should have added that to my message too) Shocked

Maybe you have two novels there and not one!

felicm60

Back to top Go down

Post  H.B.I.C. Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:03 pm

AGREED!
H.B.I.C.
H.B.I.C.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tldecay Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:54 pm

My son just got accepted!!!!! cheers Pizza party this weekend! You can read us both next year in Daily Frights 2013: 365 Days of Frightening Flash Fiction by Pill Hill Press
C. D. Smith - Pain
T. L. Decay - Farmed
T. L. Decay - The Herd

tldecay

Back to top Go down

Post  H.B.I.C. Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:07 am

YAY!!!

Congrats!
H.B.I.C.
H.B.I.C.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum