Zombie Fans Unite!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are awakened...

+3
Jeff Mariotte
H.B.I.C.
felicm60
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

We are awakened... - Page 2 Empty Re: We Are Awakened.

Post  ZombyRoz Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:49 am

My sister's been trying to get me to go through Amazon E-Kindle or Create Space, but I've been dragging. I've just been writing as a way to stay busy since I became a disabled vet five years ago and frankly, it's been terrific therapy. The book is 700 pages and I was thinking of maybe 2-3 series. It covers a pre-Apocalyptic stage when people are first getting sick and the government is trying to control the spread without causing nation wide panic, to the second stage, the Apocalypse, when the undead take over the world and finally, the post-Apocalypse, when the survivors fight the undead to reclaim the earth. But, like I said, publishing seems almost an afterthought compared to the therapy I feel just occupying myself doing something. But, hey, a twelve year old writing a short story rocks! He's got years of talent and genius ahead of him. That's really awesome. Is it just me or does it seem that kids are awfully tech savvy and multi-disciplined at really young ages these days?
ZombyRoz
ZombyRoz

Back to top Go down

We are awakened... - Page 2 Empty RE:We are awakened.

Post  ZombyRoz Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:52 am

Tidecay, are you kidding me??? He really is a genius! Pulitzer by the time he's 20! I predict it.
ZombyRoz
ZombyRoz

Back to top Go down

We are awakened... - Page 2 Empty Re: We are awakened...

Post  tldecay Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:25 am

Wish I had a like button for all these proud Papa posts! Thanks guys and gals.

tldecay

Back to top Go down

Post  felicm60 Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:47 am

Congrats to your son, you must be so excited bounce bounce

Well done to him, please let us know how he gets on with his publishers, when things will be out etc etc we'll be waiting!! woo-hoo I'm so happy for you both.. flower

felicm60

Back to top Go down

Post  felicm60 Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:55 am

@ ZombyRoz

Have you even had it edited? I agree that perhaps you could write these as a series, it would make it much easier for publishers to take a look at it, because quite frankly, if they receive a 700 page manuscript, they'll chuck it in the bin. Sorry to be brutal but they have no patience at all.. Take another look at it yourself and see where you can end the first story, start and end the second etc and I'm sure you'll find someone out there who will jump at the chance and publishing a series. Writing is great therapy but promotion and marketing can be exciting too. Plus while you do that, you meet all sorts of new contacts, I met the admin on this site doing that! And you've done a bit of self promoting already! So get onto a few Facebook sites and promote away - but a word of advice from an 'early marketing bad experience', best to join their site and ask before you spam or you risk the chance of being banned!! clown

felicm60

Back to top Go down

Post  mshaw2268 Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:52 pm

Twilight Rules!!!

Okay, just kidding Razz I never read the books; the movies are watchable, although I prefer the later ones with vampires and werewolves duking it out. My main problem with that series is the sparkling because that's just one twist too far. Dead (or undead) things don't sparkle like diamonds, and that's just a weird element. It's right up there with lopping off the head of a zombie and going, "Hey, it smells like peppermint."

Personally, I'm looking forward to Dark Shadows because I'm curious to see how Johnny Depp does Barnabas Collins. I know Barnabas has a touch of emo and angst to him too, but I think Depp might actually make it cool.
mshaw2268
mshaw2268

http://itsjustmarty.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  felicm60 Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:11 pm

mshaw2268 wrote:Twilight Rules!!!

I was about to give you what for Mister!! affraid

Na I have to admit that if sparklies does it for some people then good luck to the writer. I don't personally like the look of that Cullen vampire anyways... he's wet and soppy and you just want to shake the living (or dead) daylights out of him. And she's a moron! I think I started to enjoy the vampire genre when Anne Rice wrote her books. It gave a different perspective to the genre and I liked it. Before that it was Christopher Lee and a lot of hissing and neck biting, and it was boring. So with my novel I wanted to take a different twist to the genre too, I gave them a purpose, a goal that they had to complete, and didn't make it all about blood. I hope it does what I intended it to do.. pale

felicm60

Back to top Go down

Post  H.B.I.C. Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:31 pm

Selene is pretty awesome too. She's tough, and can be cruel, but has a softer side as well.

I CANNOT wait until Dark Shadows!!! And Johnny Depp as a vampire??? WHAT?!! I thought my dreams had come true when he finally dumped that crackhead looking bitch, but now he's going to be a vampire? SWOON!!!
H.B.I.C.
H.B.I.C.
Admin

https://zombiefans.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  felicm60 Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:32 pm

Swoon... Depp Vampire... bounce

felicm60

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum