Zombie Fans Unite!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMC's The Walking Dead

4 posters

Go down

AMC's The Walking Dead Empty AMC's The Walking Dead

Post  RoseRed Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:21 pm

So, the first episode had me hooked, and the season was pretty exciting all throughout. I excitedly waited for the second season to start and the first episode of the second season didn't disappoint me. But then things slowed down way too much for me. I almost wanted to give up on the show. It's true there were some good scenes thrown in, just to catch my attention once again, but everything felt bogged down by long drawn out and unecessary things. Sometimes I felt like a whole episode was wasted on something that could've been done in 10 minutes. And who didn't predict that the little girl was going to be found in the barn with the other zombies? It was a satisfying scene in the end. I mean to say, it was really very emotional and well played, but to me the only good episodes for season 2 was the first and this last one. I hope things pick up when the season returns again.

RoseRed

Back to top Go down

AMC's The Walking Dead Empty Re: AMC's The Walking Dead

Post  H.B.I.C. Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:13 am

I agree that this season was slower than last, and hope that it does pick up. It should if they are following the comic somewhat.
H.B.I.C.
H.B.I.C.
Admin

https://zombiefans.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  A.Rosaria Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:39 pm

I hated the slow crawl. At least Glen got some sexing done, however seeing the barn full of man-eating zombies might have wrecked his sex drive.

The first show and last one were the best. I think they could have cropped everything in 3-4 episodes. I hope the second part is paced faster, more action and misery, lots of meat chomping and brain blasting. If the screw up this season they might be done for.

A.Rosaria

Back to top Go down

Post  H.B.I.C. Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:54 pm

Agreed. I wonder if they slowed down the pace because they had fired Frank Darabont and needed to find a replacement? Maybe the pace will pick back up. It should, the prison is coming, or so I hope if they are following the comics, and that's pretty exciting!
H.B.I.C.
H.B.I.C.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  H.B.I.C. Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:44 pm

The other half of this season begins on Sunday night! The trailers look interesting, and things look like they might be picking back up.
H.B.I.C.
H.B.I.C.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tldecay Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:39 am

I have a bit of a hectic schedule but over the next two weeks I plan on raiding the DVR to catch up with this series. It is killing me not being beyond season 1 but duty days combined wit kids that are not old enough to be writing in the genre is a bit of an exercise in scheduling.

tldecay

Back to top Go down

Post  H.B.I.C. Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:17 pm

It's a great series, but the pacing leaves much to be desired. Too often they waste a whole episode on some crap that could be done in 10 minutes. I can think of several shows that were ruined by the same treatment, but I guess it is how you can stretch a budget?
H.B.I.C.
H.B.I.C.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tldecay Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:32 am

Catching up with The Walking Dead right now. It is amazing how some of the social interactions seem to mesh with Army social interactions and power struggles.

tldecay

Back to top Go down

Post  tldecay Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:45 am

I think Lori is going to take Shane out. I know some people say the books say a different character does, but the show is building up to her breaking point with him.

tldecay

Back to top Go down

Post  H.B.I.C. Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:48 am

If Shane goes I won't bother to watch the show anymore. He's one of the only truly realistic characters in the bunch. (In my opinion.) And Lori? I'm glad she got taken down a peg, but doubt she even truly took it to heart. Sorry, but no woman who truly loves her man will jump in the sack and lust after his best friend in that short amount of time that she thought he was dead. She should've been mourning, and her relationship with Shane should've developed much more slowly. I feel as though she is a hypocrite and blaming Shane because she chose to jump so quickly. The mere fact that they felt they had to sneak around shows they felt that they were doing something wrong. If Rick had really been dead, and they had taken their time in mutual respect, then their relationship would've been deemed natural and acceptable by the rest. No, they both knew they lusted after each other, and it had nothing to do with Rick being dead. I believe it is entirely possible the attraction had existed long before the zombie outbreak occured. It was just a matter of time before they might've cheated behind Rick's back. At least that's my take on it.
H.B.I.C.
H.B.I.C.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tldecay Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:39 am

I do think the short delay is the main cause of the problems with Lori and Shane. The abrupt cut off is what has Shane stark raving mad. The lack of letting go and quite frankly stalking is what has Lori shaken.

tldecay

Back to top Go down

Post  tldecay Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:50 pm

I'm looking forward to how Rick exsplains the Shane thing tonight, and how he can get the important info out that everyone who dies now turns.

tldecay

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down