Zombie Fans Unite!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dead or just infected?

2 posters

Go down

Dead or just infected? Empty Dead or just infected?

Post  H.B.I.C. Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:56 am

The rules are, there aren't any rules!

Originally "zombies" were people who were somehow affected by a few different means in order to serve their "master". The roots to this go back to African tradition, although there also exists a similar creature in Tibetan culture known as a "Ro-Langs", which is actually more like the modern zombie in appearance and essence, but is created through mystical means much like the Voodoo zombie. Originally zombies were living people, but were believed to have been brought back from the grave. Looking back on earlier tradition, and then mixing it in with mythology as well as scientific evidence that helps to explain how "zombieism" is accomplished, it helps to feed the imagination.

Of course, as of right now it is impossible to reanimate the dead. Without bringing religion into it, (Jesus, or Lazarus anyone?) I'd like to discuss zombies, and what actually constitutes a "zombie". I run into this a lot, and some people refuse to even aknowledge anything that is NOT a reanimated dead body as being a zombie. I'll admit, I happen to prefer the undead variety myself, however can an infected human that is still living and breathing be considered as well?

Let's discuss!
H.B.I.C.
H.B.I.C.
Admin

https://zombiefans.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Dead or just infected? Empty Re: Dead or just infected?

Post  DarkestZombie Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:50 pm

As far as I know, zombies are supposed to be beings that infect one another through blood, bite or scratch but begin in two basic areas. To start the attacks, they are either reanimated from the dead, which is rare now, and sometimes by a being known as a necromancer who is a person who speaks to the dead and can put spirits back into bodies to form an armor. Another common one is a virus that infects a few, then becomes a lot. Personally, I like both equally. The Necromancer one is more fantasy like, while the other is more science fiction like. So it depends on what you prefer. But if you ask me, the infected will attack from a virus gone wrong. Probably one for eternal life, since Karma is building up on all of man kind. But again, I only post my opinion.

DarkestZombie

Back to top Go down

Post  H.B.I.C. Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:48 am

Yes, there are many ways that the cause is portrayed. My husband is Caribbean, and some of his family practice a form of Santeria, and believe in spirits and stuff. More in a religious sense, but being that they live very near to Haiti, the influence is still there. A Bokor is a kind of Necromancer.
H.B.I.C.
H.B.I.C.
Admin

https://zombiefans.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down